Sunday, June 19, 2011

Granny Lane Sundays

I don't sew on Sundays.  Okay, let me qualify--I don't sew on Sundays without spending more time taking things apart than I do putting them together.  For some reason, nothing ever... quite... goes together on a Sunday.  Occasionally, I'll do it if there's no other choice, but otherwise, I give my sewing machine a wide berth because if I try, I will fail.  Spectacularly.  This holds true for any other kind of project I attempt.  So painting, drawing, and everything else are on the list.  Thing is, I'm a bit under the weather right now, anyway, so I spent today sleeping mostly.  At least I know what I'm doing this week, sewing wise.  As soon as the fabric.com shipment arrives, I can make more receiving blankets for this Friday's baby shower.  I love that project.  It's fast, quick, easy, and requires no pattern.  And to make it even better, they'll be used.  A lot.  Oversized receiving blankets are always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment