Saturday, September 22, 2012
Finally! McCalls 4424
I've had this dress cut out for three weeks, but it's been one thing after another. And Nicole kept bringing me the pieces... until I started sewing it together yesterday and she started throwing pieces in the trash can!
As I said before, I used the green and white leftovers from Richard's frog. The shrug helps. Honestly, the back is the cutest part of this pattern--the front is a bit blah... which is why I added a frog applique!
The diaper cover is green, and it was pretty much the only challenge here. I've seen complaints about the pattern on Pattern Review, but it seemed straightforward to me. :) My biggest problem was that I, um, cut creatively to make the most of my fabric and fell about 1/2" short on the diaper cover. So it's got a slightly shorter rise and is a little less poofy that then original pattern.