Sunday, March 24, 2013

A new normal

It's hard.  But life goes on and we have to find a new normal.  The funeral is tomorrow.  And since Easter is next Sunday, I have to start the girls' Easter dresses.  Financially, well, I promised Mom that I wouldn't stop sewing, but it'll be hard because we only have 1/2 of the income we had before.  Momma said that if you have a gift, you need to use it.  And she thought that sewing was mine and made me promise.  So for a while, at least, it will  have to slow down.  I'll have to use more stash and less going off and buying for projects that never happen.  (Which is where the stash/hoard came from to start with!)  I also understand now why she spent so much time worrying... because that's my job now.  I have a 90 year old grandmother I'm now responsible for.  And my two older siblings are autistic, the one just younger than me has mental health issues, and I have to take care of them all... and the kids, too, if nothing changes with Jared and Joanna.  And with my own disabilities, it's a daunting task.  But we'll manage. Because it's worth having.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, Thinking of you today as you face your Mom's funeral. You have a lot on you plate and if your cyber friends can help at all, please let us know. Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and your family. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete