Sunday, August 19, 2012

A frustrating weekend

Do y'all remember Richard's frog? I'd located perfectly white and green coordinated fabric for it--the underside was white with green polka dots, and the top is green with white polka dots.  I over bought and thought I had enough left to make Nicole a new dress.

I knew I had to do something two-tone, so I went through my pattern collection and found McCalls 4424.  I'd fallen in love with it when Grace was a baby, but couldn't make it because she'd just outgrown the infant sizes.  I've been sitting on it for two and a half years, waiting until I had a baby to wear it!  So I started cutting it out Friday, only to discover that I didn't have enough fabric. 

Made a trip to the fabric store and bought just enough... of the wrong green.  Went back yesterday and finally got the right green and finished cutting it out.  And it only took me two days.  Being as it's Sunday, I haven't started sewing it together yet, but here's to hoping that it won't be as bad as cutting it out was!  (I also forgot to label the pieces.  Let's hope that I don't get them mixed up since so many are same-y and then have to redo the whole danged thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment