I lengthened the top by four inches, which, considering that it didn't have the usual 'lengthen or shorten here' lines, was interesting. After Gracie told me it was a "baby dress", I switched out the bloomers in favor of shorts, which I modified from Simplicity 4203. I also borrowed the pockets from the original version, in size 3, of Simplicity 2392.
It just made sense because of the color I backed it in to do a two tone pocket, and the curved upper edge was nice because it echoes the scallops in the bottom.
This one also has the traditional bloomers. My mother was of the opinion that i should have gone with shorts for Nikki, too, to add to the contrast, but I didn't have a shorts pattern small enough and didn't want to go hunting for one!
I'm making the shorts again, with the strappy top. I've lengthened the top by five inches, the straps by 3.5 inches, and I"m changing them to button straps so that it's a little adjustable. I'm also doing what I did with the shorts last time--this time they'll be regular pink, by request, with the patterned fabric working as a cuff.
I got them cut out last night, and the ironing done this morning. Which, since the outside raw edges are bound off with homemade bias tape, there was a lot of it!
I had planned on sewing through the girls' naptime, but I'd promised Gracie that we'd play in the wading pool this week but we hadn't manage it yet. And their parents have the rest of the week off, so we won't see them.