Saturday, July 24, 2010


I am now the proud owner of a brand new pair of gingher shears. Pretty aren't they? I've been using Fiskers, and they are okay, I guess, but I needed new scissors due to 1) the couch ate both pairs of my sewing scissors 2) they were getting dull, anyway, and fiskers don't hold the best edge Ginghers are heavier, have a knife edge, and are supposed to last forever. Getting them sharpened is fairly straightforward, too!

We decided that it was time to invest in a quality pair of sewing scissors, especially since I could get them on sale for 40% off this week. And I've just finished threatening everyone in the house with death, dismemberment, and unspecified torture if they try and cut paper with them. Hopefully, they'll work better and for longer than the old ones, and it helps that they actually have a sharp point, a tin case so I don't lose them so easily, and a sheath for carrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment