Saturday, July 24, 2010

My sister-in-law, Joanna, thinks it's magic to turn flat fabric into a piece of clothing for Gracie--especially the kind I like to do. So in the next week, I'm going to do a series of photo essays taking you from start to finish--how to sew together an outfit! Now, I'm going vintage with this one in the 1940s, so it has details that most things I make don't--embroidery and the like. It's also going to be my entry for the Sewing for Children contest over on Pattern Review. Most of this stuff, I've figured out through trial and error and the less than satisfactory instructions included in patterns. I have my own way of doing things and my own order in which I always sew things together because it works best for me. So don't be surprised if what I say contradicts how it's "supposed" to be done.

Joanna, this series is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment