Thursday, February 2, 2012

a not-so-productive-Thursday

I had intended to spend all day working on the dress, but instead, I crashed, hard. I got three rows of lace almost completely inset, but that's as far as I've gotten.  I don't think I'll make the deadline for the Special Occasion contest, but I'm grateful they did it, because it got me to finally tackle this dress.  I admit it!  The T yoke is daunting.  Yeah, I've done it before, with varying degrees of success, but even though I love the look, I dread piecing it together. 

The dress is longer than it will be--I still have one row of beading, and three rows of lace in the fancy band to go.  And then I'm planning on three folded tucks.  If there's space left, because this will have a three-inch hem, I'll add one more row of lace.  We'll see.  After that, it's just the hem, adding the lace to the bottom, and the embroidery.  And, of course, I have to sew up the center back seam and do the back placket!  I changed the original pattern and made the back skirt bigger to avoid the hated continuous lap.  It made a convenient opening to sew the lace on, too.  After everything is done, this will most definitely need a final pressing.  And then on to the smaller version of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment