Friday, November 11, 2011

Children's corner

I have to share my frustration! 

For years, I've heard about how Fantastic!  and Wonderful!  Children's Corner patterns are.  Don't waste your money.  I paid $16 each for the patterns, because they had a t-yoke dress with embroidery in both baby and toddler sizing.  Sorta.  Supposedly, the infant patten is supposed to fit up to twelve months, and it's supposed to have slip patterns in both.  LIE.    If it does actually fit all those sizes, it must be for a growth-stunted child, because it's closer to newborn sizing than anything!  Both patterns are absolutely devoid of the slip patterns.  And seam allowances.  And anything that would remotely make them fit!

In order to make this work, I'm going to have to fuse it with patterns that are the right size and pretty much redraft the whole damn thing!  And yes, I've already had a lovely screaming fit, because I just don't know what the people were smoking who told me that this brand was good!  The instructions are meh.  I've read better from the big four, and everybody knows that their instructions suck!  The stupid patterns don't even have skirt pieces!

So, to sum up.  Incorrect sizing, mediocre instructions, not all the promised pattern pieces, and, considering the $1 sales at Joanns, expensive.  Children's corner--don't waste your time and money!

No comments:

Post a Comment