Thursday, November 24, 2011

Crabby Thanksgiving wishes.

Today, as I finish stuffing a 17 pound turkey and stuff it in the oven, I am moved to share the crabby things I am thankful for. 

I am thankful that Boo only gave me her cold.  It could be worse.
I am thankful that my sister thinks she can sew, so that I don't have to make her kids clothes.
I am thankful that my card-carrying, unmedicated, insane grandmother is not coming for dinner.
I am thankful that my sister, brother-in-law, and their two kids are only coming for dessert, if they show up at all.
I am thankful for a mostly child-free day.
I am thankful that our cranky hot water heater has deigned to work today.  (we're replacing it soon)
I am thankful for the internet, where I can do all my Christmas shopping in a few hours and thus not go to the mall.
I am thankful that unlike my poor brother and sister-in-law, I do not have to go to a retail store on Black Friday.
I am thankful for ebay, which allows me to dress our girls in a style that I can't otherwise afford.

And for non-crabby things---

I'm thankful for my family... even the members of it that I don't particularly get along with!
I'm thankful that we have enough.  We're not rich, but we can pay our bills and eat and have a little left over.
I'm thankful for Boo and Bit especially.  My life would be a lot emptier without them.
I'm thankful for the online sewing community.  I've learned quite a bit since I discovered it.
I'm thankful for my friends. 

And now to go make icing for the cake to go along with three kinds of pie, cheesecake, stuffing, mashed potatoes, turkey, peas, gravy, ambrosia fruit salad, rolls, and all the pickles and stuffed celery....  And tonight, as I collapse in a carb and sugar induced coma, I will try and rouse myself and use my thankfully child-free evening to do the hand basting and pad stitching on the coats!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

No comments:

Post a Comment