Friday, July 29, 2011

A week....

Wrapping up a week of non-sewing here.  I've spent the week coughing, blowing runny noses, sneezing, and generally feeling miserable.  Weekends are usually prime sewing time, but we'll have to see.  I've managed to dig around in the black hole and find the lace I need for my project--which, believe me, was no small task--and set up my serger for rolled hem, but nothing else. 

I survived another week with the girls.  Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but Bit has been acting out a little.  Her entire world has been turned upside down lately.  She's been in time out more in the last month than in the last year.  It used to be a very seldom-used thing, but lately, it's almost every day. Me being sick doesn't help, either.  I fall asleep too fast and she's not getting the attention that she's used to getting.

Well, here's hoping to a better week next week.

Who watched Project Runway last night?  I did!  Well, most of it.  That I could stay awake for!  Anya's pants were not all that.  The model was practically drowning in the fabric, they had a butt-crack zipper, pleats make even models look fat, and she committed an unforgivable sin--she topstitched a hem in silk!  The crotch on the pants was also located nowhere near the model's anatomical crotch!

I feel sorry for Josh.  (The bald LDS guy)  He should've known better.  If he's watched the show, he should know that for the first time, that is until you get the model's real measurements instead of what they admit to, you should have at least a one inch seam allowance just in case you have to let it out.  The pleats on the shorts were also a bad idea, as were the cuffs, and he should've dyed the fabric all-around.  The hoodie was interesting, but the execution needs a bump up.  And the shirt!  ACK!  What was he thinking?  I just hope that he pulls it together.  I'm cheering for him, 'cause it's probably inevitable that he'll get the AUF for being safe and boring if nothing else.

Bert, well, good for him.  But it's obvious that he hasn't dealt with styling in a long, long time.  And I sincerely hope that he had a layer under those boxers so that the poor model didn't have dirty boxers next to her bare boob!

No comments:

Post a Comment