Tuesday, June 28, 2011

And sometimes, it just doesn't work

I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to scrap a project and start over.  Today makes number 2.  Not bad for twenty-odd years of sewing!  The tractor shirt is garbage.  Sewing on the patch screwed it up, and the fabric is a little more sheer than I thought it was.  And in trying to take the patch off, I, um, accidentally ripped the fabric pretty badly.  My seam ripper went through and the next thing I knew, I had a two-inch tear on the front.  So I spent two hours taking it apart enough to remove the patch, band, and straps.

Sometime this week, we'll go buy some yellow broadcloth to remake it out of.  In the mean time, MO 351 is getting closer to completion--it's all in one piece, but not yet finished.  I need to hemstitch down the back side of one cuff, topstitch both cuff tops, and then turn it up and stitch the bottom and stitch in the ditch on the seam.  The collar and placket need topstitched, too, and I need to hem it and do buttonholes.  And I still need to make the matching panties.  Though since they're of the type that has no side seams, it should be fairly fast.  I'm aiming to have it done before 3 pm tomorrow, because then I can put it on Gracie for pictures.  I even have matching hair bows for it.  Cross your fingers---I'll need all the luck I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment