I spent so long trying to creep under deadlines and pulling all nighters to do it that I'm used to being on weird schedules. Three hours of sleep and the girls arrived. Took me all afternoon to get the buttonholes and button done, and the dress ironed, but I did it!
It is, perhaps a touch long. It's a bit past her knee, but with the way the Bit grows, it won't be for too much longer. I made panties to go underneath, and I think my first foray into drafting missing pieces was a success. If I did it again, I'd like to go for the sailor collar, which Joanna didn't like, and use smaller rick rack. Unfortunately, the baby rick rack wasn't available at Joanns in pink and brown when I went after it.
Here are the matching panties from the pattern. Honestly, I'm glad it's done and over with. I have lots more projects to get done, so this being done is a relief!
This is without the sash--it's sewn permanently in place, but with it not tied, it blends easily with the middle section.
The sash provides a waistline and breaks up the brown. I think it looks pretty good! The buttons help, too. I decided on covered buttons instead of plastic to stick with my pink and brown theme. Ran into a problem with the covered buttons, though--
I was rebuttoning it so I could stash it in Nikki's diaper bag for the trip home and the shank bit popped off. I emailed Dritz to complain. We'll see if anything comes of it!