Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hip Mama Diaper Bag (contd) and mostly no sewing

I wish I could say that I sew every day, but I can't.  Today, well, I tacked the lining down in the bag with hand stitches, but I didn't get any further.  Had to go on a shopping trip for my grandmother.  I hate those.  You'd think that going grocery shopping would be a one stop shop, but it never is with her.  Today, we were lucky--it was only three stores to get everything on her list.  If we're lucky, we won't get another "I'm hungry" call for another two weeks.  I wish she'd plan better.  I mean, you'd think that if you have to have someone else get your groceries for you that you'd plan ahead and when you were starting to run low on a few items, call and say, "Here's what I'll need soon and anytime this week is good," right?  But no.   She never calls until there's nothing left, she's taken her last pill from a prescription, or it's somehow an emergency and so she needs whatever RIGHT NOW.  We told her today that we couldn't drop everything and come as of next week, because we're going to have a eight week old baby and a three-year-old toddler starting next week.  We'll see if it actually worked.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to start altering my pattern for my pants, but I don't know how that will go.  We have to go downtown for my one-year-old niece's birthday party.  Okay, so it's really late considering that her birthday was May 27th, but my BIL was home and we weren't really welcome, and so much has been going on that we didn't have a chance to come before now.  Her presents are wrapped (I expect her to have more fun with the paper and ribbons than the gifts) and neatly stacked ready to go.  I'm going to get up early and bake some of our $0.19 brownies and frost them for her birthday.  And we'll dig up a candle just so we can watch her blow it out...  and hopefully stick her hands in the icing and get that look that all babies get before they figure out that icing tastes good.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment