Hip Mama Diaper Bag. I deviated a bit--I added side elastic pockets on the inside, and I'm putting the snaps through the lining, interfacing, and outside all. It'll mess with the pockets a little, but past experience has taught me that the more layers the better in between snaps. One thing that surprised me was that the back wasn't interfaced. Yes, there's a zipper pocket back there, but it needs the stiffening to stand up. So I added a layer of non-fused interfacing to the back. I sewed it 1/4 inch around the edges and thus my version stands very well.
I bought some heavy-duty snaps that I'll be installing in the morning. The thing next to it bristling with pins is the oversized changing pad. Some things you can never have too big--changing pads and receiving blankets! After I wake up, I'll need to stitch down the back binding by hidden hem stitch and get out my hammer.
Money is tight at my brother's and SIL's house, and she's been invited to this shower, too. So I'm thinking that she should go through my scraps, choose some fabric, and we'll make the Itty Bitty Baby Dress. I've done it before. It's a very, very, very fast project. I can whip one up in a couple hours, and then Joanna has both a good present and more importantly, a free present. I'm going to call her in the morning and offer. If she wants, she can go to Joanns and buy some fat quarters. It'll be around $5 then. The charm of that dress is that it fits right away. And since it's hot here in Georgia, it's a good thing to give as a June baby present.
This is my starting jeans pattern. I'm making a wearable muslin this week. We'll see how it turns out. And now, bed for me. It's been a long day--at least I don't have lots of random squares of laminated cotton and duck canvas hanging around!